- Scientific Name: Veronica szechuanica Batalin
- Ref: Mélanges Biol. Bull. Phys.-Math. Acad. Imp. Sci. Saint-Pétersbourg. 13:383. 1894
- English Common Name: Szechuan speedwell
- Chinese Common Name: 四川婆婆纳 Sìchuān póponà
- Family: Plantaginaceae
- Genus: Veronica
- Distribution: Valleys, grassy slopes, forests, forest margins; 1600-3500 m. SE Gansu, W Hubei, E Qinghai, S Shaanxi, E Sichuan.
Perennials, 5-35 cm tall. Stems branched or simple. Petiole laterally ciliate; leaf blade ovate, both surfaces or adaxially hirsute with multicellular hairs, base broadly cuneate to shallowly cordate, apex obtuse to acute. Racemes 2-6, axillary from upper leaves, less than 3 cm, 3-5-flowered, in corymbs; bract sometimes on middle or basal part of pedicel, linear, nearly as long as pedicel, ciliate. Pedicel straight, ca. 5 mm. Calyx 4-lobed; lobes linear to obovate-lanceolate, 3-5 mm, subequal, ciliate with multicellular hairs. Corolla white or rarely pale purple, 5-7 mm; tube 1.5-2 mm, glabrous inside; lobes ovate to ovate-orbicular. Stamens slightly shorter than corolla. Capsule obcordate-deltoid, strongly compressed, 4-6 X 6-7 mm, ciliate with multicellular hairs. Style 2-3 mm. Seeds 2-10 per locule, oblong-ovate, flattened, slightly convex, ca. 1 mm. Fl. Jun-Jul. (Flora of China)