- Scientific Name: Saxifraga brunneopunctata Harry Sm.
- Ref: Bull. Brit. Mus. (Nat. Hist.), Bot. 2:257. 1960
- English Common Name: brown-spotted rockfoil
- Chinese Common Name: 褐斑虎耳草 hèbān hǔěr∙cǎo
- Family: Saxifragaceae
- Genus: Saxifraga
- Distribution: Rocky hillsides, cliff ledges, rock crevices; 4000-4900 m. Xizang.
- Photo: 07/17/2011, G318 Bayi-Gongbujiangda section, Linzhi, Xizang
Herbs 2-6 cm tall. Stem simple, densely dark brown glandular hairy. Basal leaves aggregated into a rosette; leaf blade oblong to spatulate, rhombic distally, 5-7 × 2-2.5 mm, subcarnose, both surfaces glabrous, margin cartilaginous setose-ciliate distally, apex mucronate. Cauline leaves remote, linear, 4-7 × 1-1.5 mm, subcarnose, adaxially and marginally dark brown shortly glandular hairy, apex acute. Cyme 1.5-4 cm, 2-11-flowered, rarely flower solitary; pedicels slender, 1-2 cm, densely dark brown glandular hairy. Sepals spreading, ovate, ca. 2 × 1-1.3 mm, abaxially and at proximal margin dark brown glandular hairy, veins 3-5, confluent into a verruca at apex, apex subobtuse. Petals yellow, proximally brown spotted, narrowly elliptic, ca. 5 × 1.6 mm, 2-callose, 3-veined, base gradually narrowed into a claw 0.5-0.9 mm, apex subobtuse. Stamens 3-4 mm. Ovary subsuperior, dark purple, subglobose, ca. 2 mm; styles ca. 1 mm. Fl. and fr. Jul-Sep. (Flora of China)