- Scientific Name: Veronica stelleri var. longistyla Kitag.
- Ref: Rep. Inst. Sci. Res. Manchoukuo. 6: 127. 1942
- English Common Name: longstyle alpine speedwell
- Chinese Common Name: 长白婆婆纳 Chángbái póponà
- Japanese Common Name: エゾヒメクワガタ [蝦夷姫鍬形] ezohimekuwagata
- Family: Plantaginaceae
- Genus: Veronica
- Distribution: Alpine meadows, 2200-2700 m. Jilin (Changbai Shan) [Japan, Korea, Russia (Far East)].
- Photo: 07/15/2008, Mt. Changbai, Jilin
Perennials. Rhizomes long, slender. Stems erect or ascending, simple, 5-20 cm tall, sparsely villous. Leaves sometimes alternate apically on stem, 4-7 pairs, sessile, ovate to ovate-orbicular, 1-2 X 0.7-1.3 cm, sparsely pubescent, margin shallowly incised to conspicuously dentate. Racemes terminal, lax, 1-2.5 cm, with multicellular glandular hairs; bracts similar to leaves in shape, margin entire. Pedicel ca. 1.2 cm, longer than bract. Calyx 4-lobed; lobes elliptic to lanceolate. Corolla blue to purple, subrotate, 5-7 mm; lobes patent, with short glandular hairs below middle, upper lobe orbicular, other 3 lobes ovate. Stamens slightly exserted. Capsule obovoid, strongly compressed, ca. 6 X 4 mm, with multicellular glandular hairs, apex obtuse and notched. Style 5-7 mm, curly. Seeds ovoid-globose, flattened, slightly convex on both sides, ca. 1 mm. Fl. Jul-Aug. 2n = 18. (Flora of China)