- Scientific Name: Senecio nemorensis L.
- Ref: Sp. Pl. 2:870. 1753
- Synonym: Jacobaea nemorensis (L.) Moench
- Chinese Common Name: 林荫千里光 línyīn qiānlǐguāng, 黄菀 huángwǎn
- Japanese Common Name: キオン [黄苑] kion, ヒゴオミナエシ [肥後女郎花] higoominaeshi
- Family: Asteraceae
- Genus: Senecio
- Distribution: Open places in forests, meadows, streamsides; 700-3000 m. Anhui, Fujian, Gansu, Guizhou, Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Jilin, Nei Mongol, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, Sichuan, Taiwan, Xinjiang, Zhejiang [Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia (Far East, Siberia); Europe].
- Photo: 07/26/2008, Mt. Changbai, Jilin
Herbs, perennial, rhizomatous. Stems solitary or sometimes several, erect, to 1 m tall, not branched below synflorescence, sparsely pubescent or subglabrous. Basal and lower stem leaves withered by anthesis; median stem leaves numerous, subsessile, lanceolate or oblong-lanceolate, 10-18 × 2.5-4 cm, papery, both surfaces sparsely puberulent or subglabrous, pinnately veined, lateral veins 14-18, base cuneately attenuate and ± subamplexicaul, margin densely serrate, rarely coarsely dentate, apex acute-acuminate or acuminate; upper leaves somewhat smaller. Capitula radiate, numerous, arranged in terminal and upper axillary compound corymbs; peduncles 1.5-3 cm, slender; bracteoles 3 or 4, linear, 5-10 mm, sparsely pubescent. Involucres subcylindric, 6-7 × 4-5 mm, calyculate; bracts of calyculus 4 or 5, linear, shorter than involucre; phyllaries 12-18, oblong, 6-7 × 1-2 mm, herbaceous, puberulent, margin broadly scarious, puberulent, apically triangular-acuminate and brown puberulent. Ray florets 8-10; corolla tube ca. 5 mm; lamina yellow, linear-oblong, 11-13 × 2.5-3 mm, 4-veined, 3-denticulate. Disk florets 15 or 16; corolla yellow, 8-9 mm wide, with 3.5-4 mm tube and funnelform limb; lobes ovate-triangular, ca. 1 mm, apically acute, papillose. Anthers ca. 3 mm, basally auriculate, appendages ovate-lanceolate; antheropodium rather short. Achenes cylindric, 4-5 mm, glabrous. Pappus white, 7-8 mm. Fl. Jun-Dec. 2n = 40. (Flora of China)