- Scientific Name: Ponerorchis faberi (Rolfe) X.H.Jin, Schuit. & W.T.Jin
- Ref: Molec. Phylogen. Evol. 77:51. 2014
- Synonyms: Habenaria faberi Rolfe, Gymnadenia faberi (Rolfe) Rolfe, Amitostigma faberi (Rolfe) Schltr.
- Chinese Common Name: 峨眉无柱兰 Éméi wúzhù∙lán
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Ponerorchis
- Distribution: Forests, scrub, valleys, crevices, alpine grasslands, grassy slopes; (600-)2300-4300 m. NE Guizhou, Sichuan, NW Yunnan.
- Photo: 07/26/2012, Mt. Emei, Sichuan
Plants 3.5-15(-21) cm tall. Tubers ovoid, 5-10 mm. Stem with 1 or 2 tubular sheaths at base, 1-leaved. Leaf cauline, porrect, linear-lanceolate to narrowly oblong-elliptic, 3-6 × 0.5-1.3 cm, apex acute or obtuse. Peduncle with 1 sterile bract; rachis 1.5-8 cm, several to more than 10-flowered (rarely 1- or 2-flowered); floral bracts ovate-lanceolate, ca. 3 mm, much shorter than ovary, apex acuminate. Flowers often secund, pinkish purple; ovary and pedicel 8-10 mm. Dorsal sepal broadly oblong-elliptic, concave, 2.5-3.5 × 2-3 mm, 1-veined, apex obtuse; lateral sepals spreading, broadly ovate, slightly oblique, 3-4 × 2-3 mm, 1-veined. Petals connivent with dorsal sepal and forming a hood, broadly ovate-orbicular, slightly oblique, 2-3 × 2.5-3 mm, 1-veined, margin somewhat undulate, apex obtuse; lip broadly ovate-orbicular, 6-7.5 × 6.2-7.5 mm, base cuneate, 3-lobed below middle; disk densely papillate; lateral lobes overlapping mid-lobe, oblong, slightly falcate, 2.5-3.8 × ca. 1.5 mm, apical margin crenate, apex obtuse; mid-lobe obovate, 3-4.2 × 6-7 mm, base cuneate and shortly clawed, apical margin irregularly crenate, deeply notched toward apex to form 2 distinct lobules, sinus with an obtuse tooth; spur pendulous, slightly incurved, cylindric-clavate, 5-6 mm, slightly dilated toward apex, apex obtuse; viscidia ovate-lanceolate; stigma lobes clavate. Fl. Jul. (Flora of China)