- Scientific Name: Cremastra appendiculata (D. Don) Makino
- Ref: Bot. Mag. (Tokyo). 18: 24. 1904.
- Synonyms: Cymbidium appendiculatum D. Don, Prodr. Fl. Nepal. 36. 1825;
Cremastra appendiculata var. triloba (Hayata) S. S. Ying;
C. bifolia C. L. Tso;
C. triloba Hayata;
C. wallichiana Lindley.
- Chinese Common Name: 杜鹃兰 dù juān lán
- Japanese Common Name: Saihai-ran
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Cremastra
- Distribution: Wet places in forests, along valleys; 400-2900 m. Anhui, Chongqing, S Gansu, N Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, S Shaanxi, S Shanxi, Sichuan, Taiwan, Xizang, SE Yunnan, Zhejiang [Bhutan, India, Japan, Korea, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam].
- Type: Hab. in Nepalia. Wallich.
Plants 20-70 cm tall. Pseudobulb ovoid or subglobose, 1.5-3 × 1-3 cm, few noded. Leaf 1 or rarely 2, narrowly elliptic to narrowly oblanceolate-elliptic, 18-34 × 4-8 cm, mainly 3-veined, base subcuneate, apex acute or acuminate; petiole-like base 7-17 cm. Inflorescence 25-70 cm; rachis (5-)10-25 cm, subdensely to densely 5-22-flowered; floral bracts lanceolate to ovate-lanceolate, (3-)5-10 mm. Flowers fragrant, pendulous, not opening widely, pale purple to orange-brown, narrowly campanulate, petals and lip with darker spots; pedicel and ovary (3-)5-15 mm. Sepals narrowly oblanceolate-spatulate, 20-34 × 2-5 mm, apex acute or acuminate; lateral sepals slightly oblique. Petals narrowly oblanceolate, 18-32 × 1.5-3.5 mm, apex acuminate; lip linear, 20-34 × 2-3.5 mm (though wider across lobes at apex), saccate at base, 3-lobed at apex; lateral lobes linear to narrowly oblong, 4-6 × ca. 1 mm, apex obtuse; mid-lobe ovate to narrowly oblong, 6-8 × 3-5 mm, apex acute or obtuse; disk with a fleshy callus at base of mid-lobe; callus variable in shape and size, 1-5 mm, sparingly wrinkled or verruculose. Column 18-26 mm, slender, slightly dilated at apex, with or without narrow ventral wings below anther; anther 1-3 mm. Capsule pendulous, ellipsoid, 25-30 × 8-13 mm. Fl. May-Jun, fr. Sep-Dec. 2n = 24, 42, 48, 52.(Flora of China)