- Scientific Name: Calanthe mannii Hooker.f.
- Ref: Fl. Brit. India. 5: 850. 1890
- Synonyms: Alismorkis mannii (Hook.f.) Kuntze; Calanthe brachychila Gagnep.; C. oblanceolata Ohwi & T.Koyama; C. pusilla Finet
- Chinese Common Name: 细花虾脊兰 xìhuā xiājǐ∙lán
- Japanese Common Name: サクラジマエビネ [桜島海老根] sakurajimaebine
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Calanthe
- Distribution: Forests; 1300-2400 m. E Guangdong, NE Guangxi, SW Guizhou, SW Hubei, N Jiangxi, Sichuan, S and SE Xizang, NE Yunnan,Zhejiang [Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Vietnam].
- Photo: 04/05/2019, Hangzhou Botanical Garden, Zhejiang
Plants 30-45 cm tall. Rhizome inconspicuous. Pseudobulbs conic, ca. 1 cm in diam., with 2 or 3 sheaths. Leaves 3-5, not well developed at anthesis, not deciduous; blade oblanceolate or oblong, 18-35 × 3-4.5 cm, plicate, abaxially puberulent, base subsessile or attenuate into a petiole-like stalk, apex acute; petiole-like base 5-10 cm, usually forming a pseudostem 5-7 cm. Scape arising from leaf axil, erect, to 51 cm, densely puberulent; rachis 4-10 cm, 10- or more flowered; floral bracts persistent, lanceolate, 2-4 mm, glabrous. Flowers small, dark brown, with golden yellow lip; pedicel and ovary 5-7 mm, densely puberulent. Sepals similar, ovate-lanceolate or oblong, concave, 7-9 × 2.5-4.5 mm, abaxially densely puberulent, 3-5-veined, apex acute; lateral sepals ± oblique. Petals obovate-lanceolate or oblong, 6-7 × 1.2-2 mm, glabrous, 1-3-veined, apex acute; lip adnate to entire length of column wings, 3-4.5 × 2.5-3 mm, 3-lobed; lateral lobes ovate, oblique, 1.5-2 × 1-1.5 mm, apex obtuse-rounded; mid-lobe transversely oblong or nearly reniform, 1.5-2 × 2.5-3 mm, margin slightly undulate, apex emarginate and mucronate in sinus; disk with 3 lamellae or ridges; lamellae extending from base of lip to apex of mid-lobe, expanding to semilunate swellings on mid-lobe; spur straight, 1-3 × ca. 1 mm, outside puberulent. Column white, ca. 3 mm, dilated at apex, ventrally puberulent; rostellum small, 2-lobed; pollinia narrowly ovoid, subequal in size, ca. 0.8 mm; viscidium suborbicular, small. Fl. May. 2n = 40. (Flora of China)