- Scientific Name: Calanthe graciliflora Hayata
- Ref: J. Coll. Sci. Imp. Univ. Tokyo 30(1):329. 1911
- Synonyms: Calanthe graciliflora f. jiangxiensis Bo Li, L.J.Kong & Bo Yun Yang; C. graciliflora var. xuefengensis Z.H.Tsi; C. hamata Hand.-Mazz.
- English Common Name: graceful flowered calanthe
- Chinese Common Name: 钩距虾脊兰 gōujù xiājǐ∙lán, 纤花根节兰 xiānhuā gēnjiē∙lán, 细花根节兰 xìhuā gēnjiē∙lán
- Japanese Common Name: ホソバナエビネ [細花海老根] hosobanaebine
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Calanthe
- Distribution: Shaded and damp places in forests, streamsides, along valleys; 600-2400 m. Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangxi, SW Sichuan, Taiwan, SE Yunnan, Zhejiang.
Plants to 70 cm tall. Rhizome inconspicuous. Pseudobulbs subovoid, short, ca. 2 cm in diam., with 3 or 4 sheaths. Leaves 3 or 4, well developed and spreading completely at anthesis, not deciduous; blade elliptic or elliptic-lanceolate, ca. 33 × 5.5-10 cm, apex acute; petiole-like base ca. 10 cm, usually forming a pseudostem 5-18 cm long and ca. 1.5 cm in diam. Scape arising from leaf axil, to 70 cm, densely puberulent; rachis to 32 cm, laxly many flowered; floral bracts persistent, lanceolate, 7-10 mm, glabrous. Flowers yellowish brown, with white lip; pedicel and ovary 15-20 mm, densely puberulent. Sepals reflexed, similar, subelliptic, 12-13 × 5-6 mm, glabrous, (3 or)4- or 5-veined, apex acute; lateral sepals slightly narrower than dorsal sepal. Petals obovate-lanceolate, 9-13 × 3-4 mm, glabrous, 3- or 4-veined, base shortly clawed, apex acute; lip adnate to entire length of column wings, ca. 10 × 10 mm, 3-lobed; lateral lobes obovate-cuneate, slightly oblique, ca. 4 mm, apex obtuse-rounded or obliquely truncate; mid-lobe subsquare, obovate, or transversely oblong, ca. 4 × 3 mm, apex dilated, emarginate and mucronate in sinus; disk with 4 brown spots and 3 parallel ridges; ridges fleshy, extending to middle of mid-lobe, triangular, becoming taller toward their apices; spur curved or straight, cylindric, 10-18 mm, outside sparsely puberulent, inside densely puberulent, apex attenuate. Column ca. 4 mm, glabrous, wings decurrent to lip and connecting to ridges on disk; rostellum 2-lobed, lobes ca. 1 mm; anther cap beaked; pollinia clavate, equal in size, ca. 2 mm, with conspicuous caudicles; viscidium suboblong, ca. 1 mm. 2n = 40*. (Flora of China)