- Scientific Name: Arisaema silvestrii Pamp.
- Ref: Nuovo Giorn. Bot. Ital., n.s., 22:262. 1915
- Synonym: Arisaema du-bois-reymondiae Engl.; A. zanlanscianense Pamp.
- Chinese Common Name: 云台南星 Yúntái nánxīng, 鄂西南星 Èxī nánxīng
- Family: Araceae
- Genus: Arisaema
- Distribution: Bamboo forests, evergreen forests, thickets; below 1800 m. Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Guizhou, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Shanxi, Zhejiang.
- Note: Chinese common name from Mt. Yuntai, N. Jiangsu
Tuber subglobose, ca. 2 cm in diam. Cataphylls 3, greenish brown, membranous, apex obtuse. Leaves 2; petiole green, 24-35 cm, basal 10-18 cm sheathing and forming pseudostem, free part 13-30 cm; leaf blade pedate; leaflets 7-9, sessile to subsessile, oblanceolate or oblong to elliptic, base cuneate, margin entire, apex acuminate; rachis between central and lateral leaflets 1-2.5 cm, rachis between outer leaflets 5-10 mm; central leaflet subsessile, 7-20 × 2.5-5 cm; outermost leaflets 5-12 × 1.5-2.5 cm. Peduncle shorter than petioles, 13-17 cm, exserted from pseudostem 3-5 cm. Spathe greenish white with 3-5 white stripes inside or (in female) dark purple with pinkish white stripes, ca. 15 cm in total; tube funnelform, 5.5-6 × 2-2.5 cm at throat; limb oblong or oblong-ovate, 7-8 × 3-3.5 cm, acute at apex with an acumen 5-10 mm. Spadix unisexual; male zone ca. 2 cm; synandria lax; anthers 2-4, thecae globose, dehiscing by apical pores; female zone ca. 2 × 1 cm; ovary green; style short; stigma punctate. Appendix sessile, erect, greenish or purplish, cylindric, 4-7(-14) cm × 2-5 mm, proximal part covered with a few acute neuter flowers. Fl. Apr-May. (Flora of China)