- Scientific Name: Anoectochilus roxburghii (Wallich) Lindley
- Ref: Ill. Bot. Himal. Mts. 368. 1839.
- Chinese Common Name: 金线兰 jīnxiànlán, 花叶开唇兰 huāyè kāichún∙lán
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Anoectochilus
- Distribution: Evergreen broad-leaved forests, damp valleys; 100-1600 m. Fujian, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, Hunan, Jiangxi, Sichuan, SE Xizang, Yunnan, Zhejiang [Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Japan, Laos, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam].
- Photo: 02/14/2013, Mt. Wutong, Shenzhen, Guangdong
Plants 8-20 cm tall. Stem erect, 2-5-leaved. Leaves abaxially pale purplish red, adaxially dark green to blackish purple with pinkish golden reticulate venation, ovate to ovate-orbicular, 1.3-4.5 × 0.8-3.6 cm, apex acute; petiole-like base and tubular sheath 0.6-1.8 cm. Peduncle 7-15 cm, with 2 or 3 pinkish sterile bracts; rachis 1-5 cm, 2-10-flowered; floral bracts pinkish, ovate-lanceolate to lanceolate, 6-9 mm, shorter than ovary, apex acuminate. Flowers usually erect, not resupinate; ovary and pedicel narrowly cylindric, not twisted, 10-15 mm, pubescent. Sepals pinkish, outer surface pubescent, 1-veined; dorsal sepal ovate, cymbiform, ca. 6 × 2.5-3 mm, apex acuminate; lateral sepals spreading, oblong to oblong-elliptic, 7-8 × 2.5-3 mm, apex subacute. Petals pinkish white, ovate-elliptic, strongly oblique, 7-8 × 2-2.5 mm, 1-veined, apex acuminate; lip pinkish white, Y-shaped, 10-16 mm; hypochile 2-4 mm; mesochile reflexed at right angle from apex of hypochile, 4-5 mm; flanges 6-8-laciniate, each filament 2.5-6 mm; epichile longitudinally dilated, 2-lobed; lobes diverging at an acute angle to one another, obovate-oblong to spatulate, entire, 5.5-8 × 1.5-2.2 mm, apex obtuse; spur conic, 3-4.5 mm, apex shallowly bilobed, mouth ca. 1.5 mm in diam., containing 2 irregular, fleshy calli near entrance. Column ovoid, ca. 2.5 mm, with 2 broad, lamellate wings; stigma lobes elliptic. Fl. Aug-Dec. 2n = 15 + 2-3B, 30. (Flora of China)
10/06/2013, Huaping, Guangxi