- Scientific Name: Habenaria schindleri Schltr.
- Ref: Repert. Spec. Nov. Regni Veg. 16:354. 1920
- Synonyms: Fimbrorchis linearifolia subsp. schindleri (Schltr.) Szlach.; Habenaria sagittifera f. lacerata Matsuda
- Chinese Common Name: 十字兰 shízì∙lán
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Habenaria
- Distribution: Forests or grasslands along valleys; 200-1700 m. Anhui, Fujian, Guangdong, Hebei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Liaoning, Zhejiang [Japan, Korea].
- Photo: 08/14/2010, Qingliang Peak, Zhejiang
Plants 25-70 cm tall. Tubers oblong or ovoid, 5-15 mm in diam., fleshy. Stem erect, terete, with 4-7 leaves below middle. Leaf blade linear, 5-23 × 0.3-0.9 cm, base amplexicaul-sheathing, apex acuminate. Raceme 5.5-18 cm, 6-25-flowered; rachis glabrous; floral bracts linear-lanceolate to ovate-lanceolate, basal ones 15-20 mm, longer than ovary, glabrous; ovary twisted, slightly arching, terete, including pedicel 1.4-1.5 cm. Flowers white, glabrous. Dorsal sepal forming a hood with petals, erect, ovate-orbicular, concave, 4.5-5 × 4-4.5 mm, 5-veined, apex obtuse; lateral sepals strongly reflexed, obliquely oblong-ovate, 6-7 × 4-5 mm, 4(or 5)-veined, apex subacute. Petals 2-lobed; upper lobe ovate-triangular, ca. 4 × 2 mm, 2-veined; lower lobe triangular-lanceolate, 1.5-1.8 mm, apex shallowly bilobed; lip spreading, (11-)13-15 mm, below middle deeply 3-lobed and ± cross-shaped; lobes 7-9 mm; lateral lobes spreading at right angles to mid-lobe, obovate-oblanceolate, 1-1.5 mm wide, apex fimbriate; mid-lobe linear, ca. 0.8 mm wide, toward apex contracted; spur pendulous, 1.4-1.5 cm, nearly as long as ovary, abruptly dilated near apex; stigmas oblong. Fl. Jul-Oct. 2n = 28. (Flora of China)
08/14/2010, Qingliang Peak, Zhejiang