- Scientific Name: Goodyera schlechtendaliana Rchb.f.
- Ref: Linnaea 22:861. 1850
- Chinese Common Name: 斑叶兰 bānyèlán
- Japanese Common Name: ミヤマウズラ [深山鶉] miyamauzura
- Family: Orchidaceae
- Genus: Goodyera
- Distribution: Broad-leaved forests along valleys; 500-2800 m. Anhui, N Fujian, S Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, S Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, S Shaanxi, Shanxi, Sichuan, Taiwan, Xizang, Yunnan, Zhejiang [Bhutan, India, Indonesia (Sumatra), Japan, Korea, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam].
- Photo: 10/05/2017, Mt.Tianmu, Zhejiang
Plants terrestrial, 6-25 cm tall. Rhizome slender to stout, many noded. Stem erect, 1-6 cm, 4-6-leaved. Leaves subrosulate or spaced along stem, abaxially pale green, adaxially green with irregular white markings, ovate to ovate-lanceolate, 2.5-5 × 0.8-2.2 cm, base subrounded or broadly cuneate, apex acute; petiole-like base and tubular sheath 0.4-1.8 cm. Peduncle pale green, 5-12 cm, pubescent, with 2-4 sterile bracts; rachis 3-10 cm, subdensely 5- to more than 20-flowered, secund; floral bracts lanceolate, 7-12 mm, pubescent, apex acuminate. Flowers opening weakly, white, tinged with pink, medium-sized; pedicel and ovary cylindric-fusiform, 8-10 mm, pubescent. Sepals pubescent on outer surface, 1-veined; dorsal sepal narrowly elliptic-lanceolate, cymbiform, 7-10 × 3-3.5 mm, apex acute; lateral sepals ovate-lanceolate, 7-9 × 3.5-4 mm, apex acute. Petals rhombic-oblanceolate, 7-10 × 2.5-3 mm, 1-veined, apex obtuse or subacute; lip ovate, 6-8.5 × 3-4 mm; hypochile concave-saccate, inside papillose; epichile ligulate, 3-3.5 mm, slightly recurved. Column ca. 3 mm; anther ovoid, acuminate; pollinia ca. 3 mm; rostellum 2-3 mm, remnant deeply bifid. Fl. Aug-Oct. 2n = 30 + 0-2B, 60. (Flora of China)