- Scientific Name: Calycanthus floridus var. glaucus
- Ref: (Willdenow) Torrey & A. Gray, Fl. N. Amer. 1(3): 475. 1840.
- English Common Name: eastern sweetshrub, Carolina allspice
- Chinese Common Name: 美国蜡梅 Měiguó làméi
- Family: Calycanthaceae
- Genus: Calycanthus
- Distribution: Deciduous or mixed woodlands, along streams and rivers, margins of woodlands; 0-1850 m; native to the E United States.
Twigs glabrous or with scattered trichomes. Petiole and abaxial surface of leaf blade glabrous or with scattered trichomes. Flowering late spring, fruiting mid fall. (FNA)